Lemons & Herbs

8 May 2014

kitchen vignetts, flavouring cooking, interior herbs spices kitchen, mortar, compote, herbs, old lab jars. thyme, basil

The best flavoring in cooking - salt, black pepper, fresh herbs and lemon.
Normally I prefer calm and neutral colour in my kitchen but a couple of days ago a turquoise compote moved here to brighten things up a bit.

kitchen vignetts, flavouring cooking, interior herbs spices kitchen, mortar, compote, herbs, old lab jars. thyme, basil
Even though I'm growing herbs from seeds, 
I bought basil and thymes to use while my seedlings are growing.
I gently removed the plastic pot and placed them in old lab jars.
In a move long time ago I lost the pestle to my little mortar.
So now I keep flakes of sea salt in it.

kitchen vignetts, flavouring cooking, interior herbs spices kitchen, mortar, compote, herbs, old lab jars. thyme, basil

I like to swap the place of things.
Before this  turquoise compote used to "live" in the living room.
But when I saw how nice it looked together with yellow, it had 
to move to the kitchen to hold my lemon.






// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................