Urban Jungle Bloggers: My Plant Shelfie

27 October 2014

pilea, green plants, my plant shelfie, urban jungle bloggers, bright bazaar, jamie oliver, cats and plants

The topic for October's Urban Jungle Bloggers is "my plant shelfie".
When I first read it, it really made me smile - I love to play with words.
So this is my plant shelfie - a simple IKEA shelf in the bedroom where I use to arrange different kind of still lives. 

pilea, green plants, my plant shelfie, urban jungle bloggers, bright bazaar, jamie oliver, cats and plants

At the moment we don't have that many plants.
But I want to change that - I just wait for my cuttings to grow!
I keep them in my laboratory glass on top of some really good books.
I love Jamie Oliver's tasty food photography and Will Taylor aka Bright Bazaar's colourful interior!

pilea, green plants, my plant shelfie, urban jungle bloggers, bright bazaar, jamie oliver, cats and plants

Some cuttings are already big enough for their first pot.
Pileas are both my and the cat's favourite plants.
I don't understand why she prefers to play with the soil in these little pots...

pilea, green plants, my plant shelfie, urban jungle bloggers, bright bazaar, jamie oliver, cats and plants

Even the leaves have marks from kitten teeth.
But I have to say she's very good to the plants. She never plays with them or knock them over when she's alone - 
just when she's in a naughty mood and wants to tease me or get some attention...




// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. A wonderful plant shelfie Emelie! And I see the Pilea family:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Igor, Yes, the family is growing quite quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make it pop like pink champagne? Make it pop like your beautiful Pilea plantshelfie! My cats do the same thing as your kitty, they love nibbling on fresh leaves. They don't care about succulents and cacti but I think they would love a Pilea too. There's something attractive about them, right? Also for humans ;) Thank you for joining us again, Emelie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course - make it pop like pink champagne ;) Well that's true - who can resist a pilea :)

      Delete
  4. a really lovely plant shelfie arrangement :) but i want to see a picture of the kitty nibbling on the plants ;) greetings julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! Haha - I don't know if that's such a good idea ;) She knows very well that the plants are forbidden, so as soon as she sees me she's off... :)

      Delete

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................