Urban Jungle Blogger: Plant Hanger

26 February 2015

urban jungel bloggers, diy plant hanger, plant hanger, ampel makrame, macrame plant hanger

It's time for Urban Jungle Bloggers again.
Last time I joined in was in October! I feel really bad about it because I really appreciate 
all the work that Igor and Judith put in to this project. But sometimes times fly and there's 
a million things going on at the same time...
But here I am at last.

urban jungel bloggers, diy plant hanger, plant hanger, ampel makrame, macrame plant hanger

This time it's all about plant hangers.
I have to say that until recently I wasn't a big fan of plant hangers - at all!
It was just too much 70s for me.
But the trend with more modern macrame hangers made me change my mind...

urban jungel bloggers, diy plant hanger, plant hanger, ampel makrame, macrame plant hanger

I made this plant hanger as a DIY project for the Swedish interior magazine Rum Hemma
If you wish to learn how to make this super easy macrame hanger, you will find the 
full tutorial in the magazine that hit the stores February 28th (in Sweden).
I actually liked this plant hanger so much that I made 4 of them!
I think they will be perfect on the balcony in the summer.




// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

  1. What a beautiful, rustic hanging planter, Emelie! Love the look of it! Thank you for joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Igor, it's a new favourite :) And the best is when making your own plant hangers, it's so easy to change the style or look. If you want a less rustic look you just use another kind of string.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh there are you are again, Emelie! So nice that you're joining us again with such a nice DIY hanger! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes finally! Sometimes there's just not time enough to join UJB every month, even though I really want to :(

      Delete
    2. Ohhh really, don't worry Emelie! We love it when you participate, no pressure, we want to keep it fun ;)

      Delete
  3. Love this, your knots look way more complex and beautiful than mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well my knots didn't look that good in the begining, I hade to practice.... ;)

      Delete
  4. Rackarns vad snygg! Den DIY'en ska jag spana in sen... Fick in superfina macraméhängare från Madam Stoltz igår men är ju roligare att ha egengjorda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much more complex than my simple knots.
    Yours looks great.... I'd like to try one with thinner rope...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will look really good with thinner rope or colour, Tina! The most important thing is not how the knots look but how they work :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, I love your plant hanger :) Is it possible to get your tutorial how to do it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Justyna! I will try to publish a tutorial on how to make, later this October. Stay tuned! :)

      Delete
  7. It's amazing :) Great news, looking forward to :)

    ReplyDelete

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................